(Updated December 2019)
Oster is renowned for its high ranking bread maker machines namely Oster CKSTBRTW20, 5838 58-Minute and CKSTBR9050 ExpressBake. Each model is designed with unique features to allow for various functionalities and performance.
In order to achieve good results, you will need to follow every detail provided by the manufacturer on the use of these bread maker machines. The recipes discussed are specifically meant for Oster bread making brands but you can still achieve perfect results using other models of bread makers as well.
The trick involved in developing an ideal recipe lies in your ability to adhere to simple directions. What you need is to get the right ingredient quantities and leave the rest – churning and baking to the Oster bread machine. To get started as a beginner, you will need to equip your baking store with a few things; a tablespoon, teaspoon, a cup for measuring and if possible, a baking thermometer.
Traditional Bread (white)
Size: 1 1/2 pound bread
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine
- 1 to ½ teaspoon of salt
- 3 cups of flour (wheat)
- 2 tablespoons of dry milk
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of dry yeast (active)
- Put the liquid ingredients (measured quantity) into the bread pan.
- Excluding yeast, add the remaining dry ingredients (measured quantities) to the same pan containing the liquid ingredients.
- With the help of the spatula handle or your middle finger, make a hole into the centre of the bread flour. Empty the yeast (measured) into the hole you drilled in the flour.
- Insert the pan into your Oster bread making machine and secure the lid immediately.
- To adjust your bread maker settings, press “SELECT.”
- Next, to choose your preferred crust color (light or medium or dark), click on the color button and press “OK.”
- Lastly, press the START/STOP button.
Give yourself an hour and prepare yourself for a delicious traditional white bread meal. When it is ready, give it some time to cool before turning the loaf into slices in case that is how you prefer it.
To prepare 12 rolls, you will need:
Excluding milk, ensure that these ingredients are stored at room temperature (between70°F and 80°F):
- 2 tablespoons – Sugar
- 1 teaspoon – Salt
- 2 3/4 cups – Bread flour
- 2teaspoons – Dry (active) yeast
- 1/4 cup – Water
- 1 – Egg
- 7/8 cup – Milk
- 1/4 cup – Butter
- Put your ingredients (correctly measured) into the pan.
- Press the DOUGH SETTING button.
- Press the ON/OFF button.
- After some time, you should be able to hear a certain sound from the signal unit. Once the timer indicates at 0:00 press STOP and get off your dough.
- Mould the dough into your preferred shape.
- Adjust your oven to 350°F, insert the dough and let it heat for about 25-30 min. This dough is enough for 12 butter rolls.
100% Whole Wheat Bread
- 2 teaspoons – Salt
- 1 5/8 cups – water
- 3 teaspoons – Dry yeast (active)
- 4 2/3 – Whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup – Brown sugar (packed)
- Pour your measured ingredients (liquid) into the pan.
- Add the entire amount of measured dry ingredients to the pan, leaving out the yeast.
- Using your middle finger, prepare where you will pour your yeast by making a hole in the centre of the wheat flour.
- Insert the bread pan into the machine and replace the lid immediately
- Choose WHOLE WHEAT SETTING.
- Press the ON/OFF button to start the process.
Frozen Berry Jam
You can make up to 3 cups
- 1 3/4 cups – Sugar
- 1 packet – 10 to 12 frozen berries (alternatively, use strawberries or raspberries)
- 3 oz (1 Pouch) fruit pectin (liquid)
- 1 tablespoon – Lemon juice
- Pour the ingredients into the pan.
- Choose basic settings and press the ON/OFF button.
- Allow 5 to 6 minutes to mix. Press STOP and using a rubber spatula, rub the sides of the bread pan.
- Choose bake settings and press START. Press STOP immediately when you see the LCD indicating 0:00 or when the end signal is sounded.
- Use hot pads to retrieve the pan. Empty the jam into containers and replace the lids.
Refrigerate. You should be able to get 3 cups from this.
Bread Salad with Fresh Mozzarella
- Between 6 and 8 cubed, fresh mozzarella
- 5 big, diced, ripe tomatoes
- 4 thinly sliced scallions
- 3 peeled and minced cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons – Grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup – Italian parsley (chopped)
- 1 cup – Fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons – Olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons – Wine vinegar (white)
- Ground pepper (fresh) and salt
- 1 Italian, big loaf stale or crusty French bread
- Place the tomatoes, fresh mozzarella scallions, garlic, basil, lemon zest and parsley on a big bowl.
- Add olive oil and vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the bread into two halves lengthwise. Moisten the bread with sufficient water. Allow 10 minutes and squeeze to expel extra water.
- Chop the loaf and throw into your salad. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Each portion should be served at room temperature.
If you are new to the bakery industry, the above Oster recipes shouldn’t be a big problem. They are simple and suitable for both pros and amateurs. They can also be applied to any other type of bread maker models.
In order for you to achieve the best results, it is important that you use the right quantities of ingredients. Once this is done, just follow the simple baking directions and you are done. You will find these Oster bread maker recipes quite alluring for your family and friends. Why dwell on ready-made bread when you can freshly prepare your own at home. Get your Oster bread maker now to get started. Maintain your family’s health by providing them with the right ingredients and in the correct quantities.